Thursday, December 31, 2009

Awaken morning warrior



Today I'll be content and ask how sweet to be
alive in the world.

I'm full in heart and song
rich with light to illuminate
the possible, possible
poetry in me.

There is a way through the door.
On this journey
I walk to seek myself
open up.

In fact, you will discover
as I did,
hidden vistas, a seed,
a treasure found within my
head,
eyes,
breath,
heart,
spine,
kidneys,
liver,
arms,
hips,
pelvis,
blood,
legs,
knees,
ankles,
feet.

A place of power
composed of all wonders,
where
love,
energy,
trust,
soul,
intuition,
laughter,
heart,
family,
wisdom,
happiness,
and freedom live.


And so it is that
my commitment is to listen,
and welcome,
and celebrate,
the special spirit that fires in me.

And here,
I will plant acres.

I've been in a poetry mood lately. The above poem was written a while ago (actually--it was constructed from words I cut out of magazines and put together to make sentences, so really it was a poem that just fell into place). It just seemed fitting for a new year and the commencement of a new decade. I hope we all "plant acres" of what we want our lives to be filled with.

No comments:

Post a Comment