Saturday, November 7, 2009

It's time to...




Poem #1

It's time to peel the layers from this over-ripened fruit.

It's black and blue with bruises and I want to
throw it away; forget about what lies beneath its succulent endeavor.

And--

I see the dense box built up around my heart cavity.
The mural painted deep inside its walls prophetic,
speaking in tongues I can't yet understand
about finding the way out.

Either way--

The path of this sacred ground my feet have already touched.
I have eaten of the fruit.
I have picked the lock on this box.

Now--

I throw it all into the sea
to the places the sun can't reach.

So this pilgrimage can
finally begin.

The picture above is made on a 4" x 2-1/2" piece of card stock. I used words and an image that were cut from an old issue of Yoga Journal Magazine (explains the glare, sorry). It was quickly and easily collaged. I have made of number of these cards. Some I display in my home to remind me of what I want to focus on in my life. Some I have given to friends--everyone I have given one to seems to love it, appreciate that I made it by hand, and one friend even put it in a frame for her bedside. I like to remind myself that it's never too late to face my fears and that I can BEGIN anytime I want. In fact, this moment seems just right for me...what about you?

1 comment:

  1. I so needed this today! Thanks for sharing...did you write this??? Wow.
    Can't wait for Thursday:)
    ~j

    ReplyDelete