Saturday, November 14, 2009

Excavation Begins




Entering the temple, at first, is daunting--
Cobwebs tangled,
Uncertainty heavy,
Darkness wears me.

There is no definite path, only the trust of my palms
Pushing into the great bulk of that door,
Hinges screaming my name,
Wondering why it has taken this long.

Finally here, inside is safe and warm.
Walls, floor, ceiling built strong by the hands of ancients
And I know that this space is sacred, divine, wise.
As it has always been.
As I have always been.
As I am.

The picture above is a snippet from one of my art journal pages. I used paint, magazine scraps, and matte medium. 
I wrote this poem in honor of how I view (or how I would like to view) my body. I hope you enjoy it. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey there. When i click on your pic from my comments it links to your profile (that's more than it did earlier!!).
    we're gonna have to figure that out!
    I am running to take my son out to his birthday dinner and gonna have to finish my project to exchange tomorrow...what if i don't make my deadline?? YIkes!
    :)
    see you tomorrow am@Starbucks

    ReplyDelete